At the Heart of it All
The City of Cowansville is situated in the heart of our beautiful region and is surrounded by the Sutton and Bromont Mountains. In many ways, Cowansville is the city in the centre of it all. It is the seat of the Brome-Missisquoi’s MRC, is situated at the intersection of several provincial roads, and is the crossroads for Brome-Missisquoi. Cowansville is halfway between Montreal and Sherbrooke, both of which are approximately an hour’s drive in either direction, and is approximately thirty minutes from the US border. It really is at the heart of it all.
Cowansville also offers all of the attractions of a rural area:
- Two ski hills of North American renown: Ski Bromont and Mont Sutton
- Numerous hiking trails, snowshoeing and cross country skiing
- Cycle paths used by both our Sunday riders and Olympic athletes alike
- Many parks including the Green Mountains Nature Reserve, the largest protected area of private land in eastern Canada
- Several golf courses
- An abundance of water sports and activities
- Camping sites
When we think of a modern city, culture comes to mind as being of significant importance. Cowansville is a bilingual city; over 65% of its population speaks both French and English. Its rich history is expressed by its heritage and architecture and the diversity of its population. Cowansville offers a vibrant cultural and community life, which includes:
We find :
- Venues such as Sur la Scène Davignon which offers small shows at Cowansville’s Emmanuel Church, or Théâtre des Tournesols which offers outdoor shows and summer theatre
- The only cinema in the region that offers movies in their original and translated versions and repertory cinema program
- Several festivals including the Festival Musique en Vue of Cowansville
- An art gallery and museum
- A public library and the Biblio-Vélo that travels through Cowansville’s streets
Cowansville is also part of the Brome Missisquoi Cultural Crossroads Network.
Due to the city’s geographical location, Cowansville’s three industrial parks enjoy a unique position. According to growing annual employment numbers, the Brome Missisquoi region offers additional, attractive growth in several sectors including several high-tech industries.
Cowansville offers an exceptional quality of life by providing you with both the advantages of city living and the tranquility of a rural environment.